My Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Review: Americolor Food Coloring

Today I will be reviewing the Americolor Soft Gel Paste Food Color. I will have pictured below all the colors that I own, and of course all the names and where I bought them. I cannot wait to buy more, as these are extremely good pastes.


Neutrals:
From Left to Right
1. #126 Bright White
2. #101 Super Black
3. #108 Ivory
4. #131 Warm Brown
5. #104 Chocolate Brown
My Thoughts & How I Use Them:
Who knew White would be such an important color especially if your royal icing is already white. The next time you whip up a batch add a squeeze of Bright White and you will be amazed at how you can make white "whiter".  Warm brown is "warm" and Chocolate Brown is a     "cool' brown.  Ivory looks very golden when it comes out of the bottle but is does make your icing a lacey ivory shade.  In my previous post, the Cowboy Cookies used a lot of Super Black to make them REALLY black.  It turns your teeth and tongue black.  That's great when you are five, but not 35.  Next time I would make tan riding boots or even pink cowgirl boots.


Pinks & Reds:
From Left to Right


1. #133 Maroon 
2. #118 Burgundy
3. #119 Red Red
4. #165 Electric Purple
5. #164 Electric Pink
6. #114 Deep Pink
7. #132 Soft Pink


My Thoughts & How I Use Them:
I have all of these "pink" colors and I really have only used Soft Pink and Red Red.  I wish my local Hobby Lobby had Tulip Red as I would like to try it.





 Oranges & Yellows:
From Left to Right

1. #113 Orange
2. #125 Terracotta
3. #117 Peach
4. #105 Copper (Flesh tone)
5. #106 Egg Yellow
6. #107 Lemon
7. #135 Gold



Thoughts on These & How I Use Them:
Egg Yellow is my "go to" yellow.  Some how I bought two Lemons.  Don't know if I will ever open the second one!





Greens:
From Left to Right

1. #109 Forest Green
2. #111 Leaf Green
3. #110 Teal
4. #112 Mint Green
5. #129 Avocado



Thoughts on These & How I Use Them:
I LOVE Avocado!  The fruit and the color.  It makes a wonderful soft green that is not too intense.  Another tip is to use Teal with Sky Blue to make a beautiful Tiffany Blue.


Blues & Purples:
From Left to Right

1. #128 Turquoise
2. #103 Sky Blue
3. #134 Navy Blue
4. #122 Violet
5. #130 Regal Purple


Thoughts on These & How I Use Them:
Sky Blue is beautiful and Violet live up to its name. Not much to say about these other than they are great vibrant colors.
With love,
Kim

"And a girdle [of] fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, [of] needlework; as the LORD commanded Moses." - Exodus 39:29






1 comment: